If you are preparing for the PMI-ACP certification exam, you know that you have to attend the PMI-ACP training program.
Attending a PMI-ACP training program is a requirement to apply for the PMI-ACP certification exam. This training will provide you with 21 contact hours or 35 contact hours, depending on your educational qualifications and experience.
Before we delve into the PMI-ACP training program, let us discuss the PMI-ACP certification in brief.
PMI-ACP stands for Project Management Institute – Agile Certified Practitioner; this is a certification awarded to professionals working with agile methodologies by PMI, USA.
The PMI-ACP certification is one of the most sought-after certifications globally.
The PMI-ACP exam has 120 questions, and you have to answer all questions in 180 minutes. The exam has no scheduled break. If you take a break, the timer will continue to count down.
Now we come to the PMI-ACP training program.
PMI-ACP training will provide you with a 21 or 35 contact hours certificate depending on your educational qualifications and experience:
1. If you have a secondary degree (high school diploma, associate’s degree, or global equivalent), have 12 months of general project management experience, and eight months of agile project experience, you must earn 21 contact hours of formal education in agile methodologies.
2. Suppose you have a bachelor’s or post-graduate degree from a GAC accredited program (bachelor’s or master’s degree or global equivalent) and have at least eight months of agile experience. In that case, you must earn 35 contact hours of formal education in agile methodologies.
The following education providers can help you complete your PMI-ACP training:
A. PMI Registered Education Providers (R.E.P.s)
B. PMI Authorized Training Partners (ATPs)
C. PMI chapters*
D. Employer/company-sponsored programs
E. Training companies or consultants (e.g., training schools)
F. Distance-learning companies, including an end-of-course assessment
G. University/college academic and continuing education programs
The following education does not satisfy the educational requirements:
◉ PMI chapter meetings*
◉ Self-directed learning (e.g., reading books, watching instructional videos, or sessions with coaches or mentors).
The PMI-ACP training never expires; once you complete it, you can apply for the PMI-ACP certification exam anytime in your life.
Type of PMI-ACP Training Program
Though you can choose any PMI-ACP training provider, I recommend you complete your training through an online PMI-ACP training program. The online training program offers many benefits over other types of training programs:
◉ They are affordable
◉ You can join them anytime
◉ They can be completed from home
◉ They can be attended from any location
If you are interested in an online PMI-ACP training program, I recommend you go for the Agile PrepCast Training Program.
Agile PrepCast PMI-ACP Training Program
This is one of the most popular online PMI-ACP training programs developed by the world-famous PMP trainer Cornelius Fichtner. To date, around 5,000 professionals have used Agile PrepCast to complete the PMI-ACP training.
This is a 100% online training program, and you can download the course content on any device and use it whenever you have free time.
This course comes with three versions:
1. Agile PrepCast Basic: The price for this version is 229 USD. Here you get all video sessions; you can download them on your device and watch them offline.
2. Agile PrepCast Elite: The price is 279 USD. This includes Agile PrepCast basic plus 90-day access to the Agile Exam Simulator, which contains 480 questions in six exams.
3. Agile PrepCast Elite Plus: The price is 329 USD. This includes everything from Agile PrepCast Elite plus a PM Study Coach Guide book for the PMI-ACP exam.
This training program is affordable, and you get the basic version for 229 USD, though I recommend you join the Elite package so you can get some mock practice tests.
More Info: PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)